Jennifer Barrick, M.S., C.G.C.
, Nancie Petrucelli, M.S., C.G.C.
, and Michael S. Simon, M.D., M.P.H.
Ms. Barrick is Genetic Counselor, Division of Hematology and Oncology; Ms. Petrucellil is Clinical Assistant Professor, Senior Genetic Counselor/Coordinator, Division of Hematology and Oncology and Population Studies and Prevention Program; Michael S. Simon is Professor of Medicine and Oncology, Division of Hematology and Oncology and Population Studies and Prevention Program; all at the Karmanos Cancer Institute at Wayne State University, Detroit, MI.
Within the past 12 months Jennifer Barrick, Nancie Petrucelli, and Michael S. Simon report no commercial conflicts of interest.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, CCME staff and interMDnet staff have nothing to disclose.
Estimated time to complete:
Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Montefiore Medical Center designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center and InterMDnet. Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Montefiore Medical Center is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Upon completion of this Cyberounds®
, you should be able to:
- Identify risk factors for breast cancer
- Describe the principal features of various hereditary breast cancer syndromes
- List the associated cancers and the risk of developing these cancers for each hereditary breast cancer syndrome
- Apply management recommendations for each hereditary breast cancer syndrome
- Recognize the clinical overlap between hereditary breast cancer syndromes, and the importance of a detailed cancer family history.