Stephen Pandol, M.D.
, and Hartley Cohen, M.D.
Dr. Pandol is Professor of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine and Staff Physician, Department of Medicine, VA Greater Los Angeles Health Care System and University of California, Los Angeles. Dr. Cohen is Clinical Professor of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine and Director of Endoscopy, Department of Medicine, VA Greater Los Angeles Health Care System and University of California, Los Angeles.
Within the past 12 months, Drs. Pandol and Cohen report no commercial conflicts of interest.
This activity is made possible by an unrestricted educational grant from Solvay.
Estimated time to complete:
Albert Einstein College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine is accredited
by the Accreditation Council for Continuing
Medical Education to provide continuing medical
education for physicians.
Upon completion of this Cyberounds®
, you should be able to:
- Discuss the risk factors for chronic pancreatitis
- Identify patients who may have chronic pancreatitis
- Describe the approaches and limitation to the diagnosis of chronic pancreatitis
- Treat patients with chronic pancreatitis including management of pain, exocrine and endocrine insufficiency
- Discuss the complications of chronic pancreatitis including development of pseudocysts, ascites and pancreatic adenocarcinoma.