Stephen J. Pandol M.D.
Dr. Pandol is Professor of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine and Staff Physician, Department of Medicine, VA Greater Los Angeles Health Care System and University of California, Los Angeles.
This activity has been reviewed by Aaron Tokayer, M.D., Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Department of Medicine (Gastroenterology), Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY.
Within the past 12 months, Drs. Pandol and Tokayer report no commercial conflicts of interest.
This activity is made possible by an unrestricted educational grant from Solvay.
Estimated time to complete:
Albert Einstein College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine is accredited
by the Accreditation Council for Continuing
Medical Education to provide continuing medical
education for physicians.
Upon completion of this Cyberounds®
, you should be able to:
- Diagnose and determine the causative factors in a case of acute pancreatitis
- Estimate the severity and level of care needed for a case of acute pancreatitis
- Identify those patients with acute pancreatitis who should receive antibiotics
- Discuss the issues related to nutrition in acute pancreatitis
- Identify patients with acute pancreatitis who require endoscopic and/or surgical treatments.