Susan C. Stewart, M.D.
Dr. Stewart reports no commercial conflicts of interest.
This activity is made possible an unrestricted educational grant from .
Estimated time to complete:
Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Montefiore Medical Center designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center and InterMDnet. Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Montefiore Medical Center is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Upon completion of this Cyberounds®
, you should be able to:
- Discuss the relationship between human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and the development of cervical cancer
- Describe the natural history of cervical HPV infections in women
- Discuss the new thinking on Pap smear interpretation that reflects either transient or persistent HPV infection
- Describe test types and testing procedures for HPV infection
- Summarize current state of knowledge about HPV vaccines.