Eli A. Friedman, M.D.
Within the past three years, Dr. Friedman has received grant/research support from Alteon.
Estimated time to complete:
Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Montefiore Medical Center designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center and InterMDnet. Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Montefiore Medical Center is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Upon completion of this Cyberounds®
, you should be able to:
- Discuss how renal failure in a person with diabetes may result from causes other than diabetic nephropathy
- Discuss the occurrence of causes of renal disease other than diabetic nephropathy in diabetic persons and enumerate the varied therapeutic options open to the uremic diabetic patient
- Describe early perturbations in diabetic nephropathy
- Discuss the significance of renal functional changes in early (incipient) diabetic nephropathy
- Evaluate the comparative risk/benefit of pancreas transplants as a therapeutic option for uremic individuals with type 1 diabetes.