Robert G. Lerner, M.D.
In the past three years, Dr. Lerner has served as a consultant for RPR, and has served on the Speakers' Bureau for Pharmacia & Upjohn.
Estimated time to complete:
Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Montefiore Medical Center designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center and InterMDnet. Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Montefiore Medical Center is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Upon completion of this Cyberounds®
, you should be able to:
- Understand the meaning of the term "non-small cell lung cancer" (NSCLC)
- Discuss The Revised International Staging System for Lung Cancer
- Discuss the therapeutic options -- surgery, radiation or chemotherapy -- and their effectiveness vis a vis this disease
- List the many different chemotherapeutic agents that are effective for this group of tumors
- Recognize that although palliation and prolongation of survival can be achieved, even in far advanced or recurrent cases, there is no single standard regimen and participation in trials should be considered.