Victor F. Tapson, M.D.
Dr. Tapson is Professor of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine. Within the past 12 months, Dr. Tapson has received research grant support from Actelion, Cotherix, Encysive, Pfizer, Sanofi Aventis and United Therapeutics, and has been a consultant for Actelion, Sanofi Aventis and United Therapeutics.
This activity is made possible by an unrestricted educational grant from .
Estimated time to complete:
Albert Einstein College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine is accredited
by the Accreditation Council for Continuing
Medical Education to provide continuing medical
education for physicians.
Upon completion of this Cyberounds®
, you should be able to:
- Describe underlying risk factors for venous thromboembolism
- Describe appropriate diagnostic approaches to suspected acute DVT and PE
- Discuss the mechanism of action of various anticoagulants
- Discuss the side-effect profiles of warfarin, UFH and LMWH
- Discuss results of clinical trials in VTE prevention and treatment.