Morton M. Silverman, M.D.
Dr. Silverman is Senior Advisor, Suicide Prevention Resource Center Newton, MA, and Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry University of Chicago.
Dr. Silverman reports no commercial conflict of interest.
Estimated time to complete:
Albert Einstein College of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine is accredited
by the Accreditation Council for Continuing
Medical Education to provide continuing medical
education for physicians.
Upon completion of this Cyberounds®
, you should be able to:
- Identify the most common risk factors associated with suicide
- Recognize the role of protective factors in suicide prevention
- Identify common warning signs of an acute suicidal crisis
- Discuss the epidemiology of suicide
- List some preventive interventions at the community level.